Saturday, February 16, 2008

CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE BARS


Yum!

I wanted to make something really good for valentine's day and I decided to make a cheesecake, but did not have enough cream cheese or even a spring form pan so I found this recipe and it turned out so so good. It reminded me of the chocolate cheesecake that I like at the cheesecake factory. Here is the recipe, you have to make it! -enjoy

-----Jen-----



CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE BARS

Crust:
20 chocolate wafer cookies
3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1 Tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt

Filling:
1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese
8 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup plain yogurt
2 eggs, room temperature

Glaze:
4 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 tsp corn syrup
2 Tbsp plain yogurt

Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Line an 8-inch baking dish with foil.

For the crust: Process the chocolate wafers in a food processor with the butter, sugar, and salt until fine. Evenly press the crust into a prepared dish covering the bottom completely. Bake until crust sets, about 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, make the filling: Put the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl; heat until soft about 2 minutes. Stir, and continue to microwave until completely melted, up to 2 minutes more. Blend the cream cheese, sugar, and yogurt together until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the eggs and mix until just incorporated. Pour the chocolate into the wet ingredients and mix until smooth. Pour the filling evenly over the crust. Bake until filling puffs slightly around the edges, but is still a bit wobbly in the center, about 30 minutes. Cool on a rack.

For the glaze: Put the chocolate, butter, and corn syrup in a microwave safe bowl. Heat the glaze for about 1 to 2 minutes. Stir the ingredients together until smooth; add the yogurt. Spread glaze evenly over the warm cheesecake. Cool completely, then refrigerate overnight. Cut into small bars or squares. Serve chilled or room temperature.
Eat up!

1 comment:

Cammie said...

Your girls are so cute! I love it! Emma looks so much like you now too. So, I tagged you! You must go to my blog, copy the questions and post your own and then tag two more people. I love that you are putting pic and stuff on here now too! This dessert looks tasty.