Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Saturday Night - Marina Barrage

Fly over practice for Singapore National Day in August


Singapore Flag


Sun setting behind the Marina Bay Sands

Kite Flying





So magical to see so many kites in the sky



Emma and Ethne's Kites in the sky


Flying kites in the setting sun - what fun!



Singapore flyer all light up in the distance

Marina Bay Sands and Flyer at night

Fireworks practice for Singapore National Day

What a way to end the evening - fireworks!
Wow!  It was such a fun Saturday Night.  Friends of our invited us to come with them to Marina Barrage for a picnic dinner and kite flying.  It was the first weekend of practice for up coming Singapore National Day so we got to see Fly overs and the Singapore Flag and Fireworks.  Flying the kites was a bit hecktic with so many in the air and strings getting tangled, but it was so much fun!  I loved seeing the sky filled with kites.  It was a hot day in Singapore and what a way to end it with a breezy evening!  Thanks for the picnic!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

What awesome pictures and experiences! I'm sure it's hard to be so far from family but I love checking out your guys' adventures-- they are priceless to me. I would love our kids to be able to experience such neat traditions, and sites. We hope to see you guys this year some time-- let us know if/when you're coming.

Butler Family said...

wow what a really cool experience that was and the pictures are just beautiful!! Miss you guys

Butler Family said...

LOVE all the pictures!!! I miss you guys a ton!! I must have missed something but CONGRATS on the new baby!! I am horrible with keeping in touch on the blog so email me at 3boys2love05@gmail.com