Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Snowman Kit

In the middle of all the baking, last week, I taught Pre-school and my letter was M so we had so much fun, Marching with Music, being Monkeys, writing the letter M, and eating Marshmallows, M&Ms and Macaroni and cheese. The theme was gift giving and I wanted each child to be able to make a gift for their family and be proud of the fact that they made it, wrapped it and to give it; so we made Snowmen Kits. It took all two hours on Thursday to make them and wrap them, but each child was so excited to give this gift to their family!


Each child painted one 6-inch wooden dowel orange, painted 3 wooden buttons blue, glued sequins on their blue scarf, and potato stamped snowflakes on the top of their box for decoration. I gave them each 7 pieces of coal for eyes and mouth, 2 sticks for arms, and a hat. We placed all the pieces in their boxes and wrapped them up with a bow, snowflake, and a card signed and addressed to who the gift was for. What a fun time! I think by the end they all knew that the best part of a gift, is the giving!

1 comment:

Missy said...

Again, darn you crafty and creative people.